What is Amazon Smile?
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop on smile.amazon.com. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com. Amazon will then donate .5% of your purchase to your chosen charitable organization.
How do I sign up?
- Simply go to smile.amazon.com, and click on sign up or go into your Amazon account.
- Type “Mission Viejo Instrumental Music Boosters” or EIN# 23-7282920 in the Search Bar
- Select “Mission Viejo Instrumental Music Boosters” on the search results page
That’s it! Now every time you shop amazon, do it with a smile and help support our music programs. Thanks!
- Go to www.communitiesforcause.com and download an app for your phone (android or apple) or download the app directly from your phone.
- Sign up and use the search tool to select Mission Viejo HS Marching Band and Drill Team as your cause of choice
- Use the app’s search tools (based on your phone’s location) for your participants in your vicinity, where ever you are.
- Shop at any participant, click on this merchant and register your purchase in the popped up page by entering the subtotal and taking a photo of your receipt.
That’s it! A percentage of your subtotal will automatically be sent to the Mission Viejo Instrumental Music Booster Association.
We had a great turnout for uniform fittings last week! Thank you!
Here are just a few reminders so we can ensure you have all the gear you need for marching season:
- If you have NOT yet been fitted for your uniform and you have not been in touch with Melanie Graham, please contact her asap at email@example.com to schedule a time to get this done.
- Returning members should check to be sure that marching shoes still fit. We are submitting our shoe order this Friday 8/18. If you need new shoes, now is the time to order!
- Returning members should also check to see that all spirit wear (t-shirt, dri-fit and sweatshirt) still fit and are in good condition. If you need new (or additional) spirit wear, you can still order this week.
- If you ordered shoes or spirit wear during your fitting and have not yet paid for your order, please bring your payment to band camp. Our uniform manager Melanie Graham will be in the band room briefly each day to collect your payment/take orders or you may leave your payment in a clearly marked envelope with Mr. Westphal.
Thank you for helping us get off to a great start this season!
Have you been Decluttering? This is a great opportunity to Raise Money just by cleaning out your closets and getting rid of unwanted clothing. We get paid by the pound! Acceptable Items include:
ALL Clothes – New and Gently Used
Shoes – paired only
Towels, Gloves & Hats, Sheets, Blankets, Quilts, Bedspreads, Drapes, Purses & Belts
Place these in a tightly sealed garbage bag and bring it to the Band Room during Band Camp. The final pickup is 12:00 Noon August 26th.
Ask your friends and family to donate also!
Tax Donation Letter
Questions, or have a large pickup? Contact Milad Demetery
Clothes for the Cause
In order to participate in an athletic program or pep squad including marching band and color guard, at Mission Viejo High School during the 2017-2018 school year you will need to complete a current sports physical. Please download, complete, and return the following two forms by September 8.
Medical Forms Required by SVUSD
This year, Mission Viejo High School has continued its partnership with Marque Medical Urgent Care. The Marque Medical Mission Viejo office (next to Rubio’s/ Trader Joe’s on Marguerite). Each physical will take about 10-15 minutes and will cost $50, with 50% going back to the Mission Viejo High School Athletic Department Be sure to mention Mission Viejo High School Athletics.
While we encourage your participation, please note that you are NOT required to use Marque Medical Urgent Care to complete your physical screening, but ALL student-athletes, marching band, color guard and pep squad members must complete a physical as a part of the athletic clearance process prior to the 2017-2018 season.
MVHS Athletic Department
Thursday, August 31 7:00pm
This meeting is for all Music Parents. Our new Music Director, Bobby Westphal and the Music Boosters will explain the new policies, programs, parent and student expectations, and upcoming concerts and events. The meeting will be held in the Performing Arts Center.
Remind is a free text messaging app that helps teachers, students, and parents communicate quickly and efficiently. Mr. Westphal is using the Remind app to send messages to his students and their parents. If you would like to receive these messages, first download the Remind app on your smartphone.
To join simply text @mv-music to 81010
You can also join online to receive texts as well as email notification. How to Join.
The dates/times for summer practice for color guard have been announced so you can plan accordingly.
Mon/Wed June 26,28 (12:00 – 7:00)
Mon/Wed July 17,19 (12:00 – 7:00)
Mon/Wed July 24,25 (12:00 – 7:00)
Order a DVD or Blu-ray and take a look back at this year’s musical journey! Each program contains 1-2 hours of content and memories. Hear great performances again, see events you missed, let your student tell their story!
Each program listed is on a separate disc, and discs are $15.00 each. All proceeds directly benefit the MVHS music program.
Online Order Form and Payment
Paper Order Form and Pay by Check
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org